What we believe:
About The Person of God:
- God's Word, the Bible, is inspired and reliable as His revelation to man.
1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21
- The Bible reveals God to us in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each is a distinct person and unique in role and personality, yet unified in nature and purpose.
Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19
- God created the universe in the beginning.
Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3
- The Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Jesus was crucified, buried, and resurrected from the dead. He ascended into heaven and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father as both true God and true Man.
About Man's Need:
- Mankind is fallen in sin, and needs a savior.
- Our sins have to be forgiven to avoid an eternal damnation in hell.
About God's Solution:
- God sent His Son Jesus to die for us so that we can receive eternal life.
- His death and resurrection provides for our well being: spirit, soul and body.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return again to earth bodily.
1 Corinthians 15:23; Acts 1:9-11
- We must repent and believe on Jesus to be saved.
Acts 2:37-38; Acts 4:12
About God's purposes for the Church:
- God has called believers to be His people who worship Him in Spirit and Truth, minister to one another, and reach out with the good news of forgiveness and healing to all mankind.
1 Peter 2:9; John 4:23; Mark 16:15-20
- He has given His Holy Spirit to empower all believers for witness. This baptism of power for ministry is accompanied by supernatural gifts.
Acts 1:8; 2:4, 38; 4:31; 10:44-46; 19:1-6; 1 Corinthians 12,13,14
If you have never accepted Jesus as your Lord, begin by knowing what God has already done for you.
What God has already done for you.
God has already made it possible for you to get into right relationship with Him. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to live, die and rise again from the dead so that you could be forgiven of your sins, live a life that pleases Him, and be joined to Him forever in heaven when eventually you die.
What does God expect you to?
God expects you to acknowledge your need for His forgiveness; believe that He raised Jesus from the dead, and be prepared to confess Jesus as Lord before witnesses in the world you live in.
Accept His free gift of eternal life today. Repent or turn away from your sinful past, and wholeheartedly put your trust in Him today by confessing Jesus as Lord.
Pray the following prayer out loud from your heart. You will be giving your life back to him, and He will love, protect and provide for you all the days of your life.
Say out loud…
Dear God in Heaven,
I accept that I need your forgiveness for my sin.
I believe that you raised your only begotten son Jesus Christ from the dead.
Jesus, I ask you to come into my heart right now and be my Lord.
Thank You Jesus for shedding your blood for me on the cross of Calvary.
I now confess You as the Lord (master) of my life.
With your help, I promise to serve you all my days.
Thank you for saving me. I am now your child, accepted into your family.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
New steps in a new direction:
Dear Friend in Christ,
Now that you have prayed this prayer, here are some first steps in your new direction:
- Be sure to start reading the Bible starting with the gospel of John in the New Testament.
- Join a good Bible believing church that focuses on Jesus and the Bible.
- Begin to tell people that you have personally accepted Jesus as your Lord.
- Pray to your new Heavenly Father in Jesus name every day.
- Look to God to help you in every area of your life as he instructs you out of His Word.
What if you "slip up" (sin) after giving your life to Jesus?
Realize that if you ‘slip up’ and do something that you know to be wrong, (sin), that God will not give up on you. So don’t give up on God, but confess to Him what you did wrong, and He will forgive you. Read about this in 1 John 1:9 – 1 John 2:1 in the New Testament.
What if I don’t "feel" saved after a while?
Don’t rely on how you ‘feel’ in your emotions or think in your mind each day. These may change from day to day. The choice you have made to follow Jesus was based on a conviction that God’s word is true. This does not change daily. The Bible teaches that we ‘walk by faith’ not by feelings or the circumstances we ‘see’ or feel. See 2 Corinthians 5:7.
If you have prayed the above prayer, please let us know and we will send you a complimentary copy of What's Next?, a resource that will help take strong first steps in your new spiritual journey in Christ.
The "Believers Back Series" for new believers is a set of resources that you can get for yourself as a further step in your spiritual journey. These easy to read books will definitely help you become spiritually strong. Check out the “Resources” Click here for Resources on this website.
God bless you, and thank you for giving your life to Jesus. He has promised to never leave or forsake you. You will discover that your decision to trust Jesus was the best one you have ever made!